T-shirt quilts make great gifts
Do you have a bunch of t-shirts that you don’t want to part with but don’t wear anymore? Does your child play sports and collects t-shirts from all their years playing?
If you answered yes then a t-shirt quilt may be a great way to keep them and enjoy them in a useful way. All you have to do is decide what t-shirts you want to use and bring them (or ship them) to me and I do the rest. Prices and sizes are below.
A deposit of 50% of the total is required before work is started.
What is and isn't included in these prices.
- Cutting of the T-shirts
- fusible facing to give the t-shirt blocks some body
- 80/20 cotton/poly blend batting
- Piecing the quilt
- Quilting in an all-over medium meander with 1 color thread.
- Machine sewing the binding onto the quilt in a fabric you choose.
- Fabric for sashing (if you choose to add one), binding, and backing. (I do not carry fabric but I will assist you in choosing an appropriate fabric and then purchase it and add it to your deposit, or you can provide it but it must be 100% cotton)
- I will charge extra if you have already started cutting the shirts up because it becomes more work to square up cut up t-shirts.
- Hanging sleeve – I don’t recommend you hand a large t-shirt quilt because of the weight but a small one could be. I will add a hanging sleeve for an additional charge.
- Personalized label.
- Custom quilting or stitch in the ditch quilting/straight lines or pantographs.
Delivery and payment
Local quilters – after your quilt is finished I will send you an invoice by email with payment instructions included. Payment is expected at delivery of quilt, I accept cash or I can bill you thru PayPal where you can use any major credit card of debit card, but I prefer cash.
If you are shipping your quilt then I do require 50% deposit made via PayPal and when I finish your quilt you will receive an invoice by email reflecting the remaining balance and a PayPal link on it, you may pay with PayPal and you don’t have to have a PayPal account to use it – they accept all major credit cards.
As soon as your payment is received your quilt will be shipped back to you. Please note – quilt will not be returned till paid in full.
Please be aware payment is expected within a reasonable time frame, anything not paid for within 30 days after first notification will be considered abandoned and will become the property of The Quilters Touch.
By hiring my services you show you agree to the terms above.
Prices subject to change without notice. Price list updated July 12, 2019